53rd Conference - Barcelona
3-6 September 2003
Pompeu Fabra University's Jaume Vicens i Vives University Institute of History, the Institute for Basque Historical Law (Euskal Herriko Zuzenbide Historikorako Institutua) of the University of the Basque Country (Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea), and the Museum of Catalonian History are currently organising the 53rd Conference of the International Commission for the History of Representative and Parliamentary Institutions.
STRUCTURE OF THE CONFERENCE IN SECTIONS
- "Representing" the Old Regime. Representative Parliaments and Assemblies.
- Territorial identity and representative assemblies in the Iberian Peninsula.
- The Parliament of the Crown of Aragon territories: comparative and evolutionary analysis.
- Contemporary parliamentarianism. The organisation of substate, state and suprastate Parliaments.
- Prosopography and social analysis of the representative assemblies.
- Sources and methods for studying parliamentary documents.
Download: Conference programme | PDF
The title of the paper should be sent to the Conference Secretary together with a one-page summary before Ist February 2003. The papers themselves should be submitted before 31st july 2003, and should not exceed 60,000 characters, including spaces (between 20 and 25 DIN A4) and notes. Papers must be submitted in electronic format (PC, Word) and on paper, stating the author, title, work section and the version used.
Museu d'Historia de Catalunya.
Palau de Mar. Placa Pau Vila, 3. 08002 Barcelona.
Telephone: +34 93 225 47 00.
Fax: +34 93 225 47 58.
Ordinary price: 90 Euros.
Reduced price (Amics del Museu cardholders and university students): 70 Euros